We want to see a society which
- Meets the basic needs of all, and enables them to develop their talents and abilities to the full, enriching society and themselves.
- Is free from oppression and exploitation. A world where children are nurtured, nourished and respected, and which values and cares for its older citizens.
- Is pluralist, valuing people from different backgrounds and cultures, celebrating their rich diversity.
- Ensures that its development is ecologically sustainable and takes responsibility for bequeathing a healthier environment to future generations.
- Contributes to the creation of a new global community of co–operation and interdependence which leaves behind poverty, famine, debt, militarism and war.
But there are those with power, wealth and privilege organised to resist our demands so the key to success is united action.
0 comments on “What is to be done?”